Friday, August 03, 2007

There is no love like the love of a parent

Today I experienced this and the pain L was going through made me feel like crying out "why?" but I have this knowledge that no matter what, things will be better and that I will do all in my power to be the father she needs. I am not going to say what the problem was on the blog just that I am sure in my heart that even though this was a dark day in our lives it will not be able to bring us down and stop us from experiencing all the good things we were given today, they are like a searchlight lighting up the sky and focusing our thoughts on the outcome that will be good.
Once one has experienced the joy that we all should have no evil can take hold any more, it may try but it is powerless in the light of faith and hope.
So with this day almost a thing of the past and a very enjoyable evening spent celebrating KatieB's daughters birthday I look back and see more good things than bad. We all want the best for our children just as Our Father in Heaven does and we love them just as He loves us...
"Parents are often so busy with the physical rearing of children that they miss the glory of parenthood, just as the grandeur of the trees is lost when raking leaves." Marcelene Cox

No comments: