Thursday, December 02, 2004

Mature fans enjoy a new musical youth

Mature fans enjoy a new musical youth Ok Ok...Guilty as charged! I am also one of the gang as mentioned in the article, I just bought DJ Tiesto's Just Be CD this week and it rocks. But hey! I am 18 till I die! A Tear In The Open must be my favourite track on this album at present, the gaelic lyrics are from Ailein Duinn, or Dark Alan, a haunting melody mixed with some amazing trance style rythms. It has symilarities to some of Era's work as well. Here are the Lyrics and translation to english, I love Gaelic as it is one of the languages spoken by my ancestors:

Gura mise tha fo èislean (How sorrowful I am
Moch sa' mhadainn is mi 'g èirigh Early in the morning I am rising)

Ò hì, shiubhalainn leat... (Ò hì, I would walk with thee...
Hì rì bhò, hò rù bhì
Hì rì bhò, hò rinn ò hò
Ailein Duinn, ò hì shiubhalainn leat Dark Allan, I'd walk with thee)

Ma 's e 'n cluasag dhut a ghaineamh (If thy pillow is the sand
Ma 's e leabaidh dhut an gheamainn If thy bed is the seaweed)

Ma 's en t-iasg do choinlean geala (If the fish are thy candles bright
Ma 's na ròin do luchd-faire If the seals are thy watchmen)

Dh'òlainn deoch ge boil le càch e (I would drink though all abhor it
Dè dh'fhuil do choim 's tu 'n Of thy heart's blood after
Dèidh do bhathadh... Thy drowning.)

However some other tracks are also worth mentioning like the title track Just Be with Kirsty Hawkshaw, she has a great voice and also sings Walking In Clouds as well as most of the other female lyrics on the album.
In any case I will be getting back to blogging more regularly as soon as the chaos at work subsides, in the meantime music will keep me sane.
"I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music." George Eliot (1819 - 1880)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back !!