Sunday, February 27, 2005

Anaconda... Aikona!

My daughter twisted my arm to go and watch the movie Anaconda's The Blood Orchid today, oh well it is just a movie... Entertainment value 7... factual information value -7. Not my cuppa but not all bad... the baddie gets his just dessert... or is it Orchid?
The low factual score is the fact that the scriptwriter/s puts the action in Borneo with Anaconda's, I mean did they even look up where this species of serpent actually come from? South America you ingnorant clod! End of rant!
This is something that unfortunately switches me off immediately when facts get twisted to suit the plot... by the way... Mr Micheal Moore... did you hear me... that is why I never went to see his corruption of the truth either. (Ranting again.)
Talking about truth reminds me of this song... our lyrics for the day.
Welcome To My Truth by Anastacia
Sentimental days

In a misty clouded haze
Of a memory that now feels untrue
I used to feel disguised
Now I leave the mask behind
Painting pictures that aren't so blue
The pages I've turned are the lessons I've learned

[Chorus:]
Somebody bring up the lights I want you to see
(Don't You Feel Sorry For Me)
My life turned around
But I'm still living my dreams
(Yes it's true I've been)
I've been through it all
Hit about a million walls
Welcome to my truth..
I still love
Welcome to my truth..
I still love

Tangled in a web
With a pain hard to forget
That was a time that I've now put to rest
Oh, the pages I've turned are the lessons I've learned

[Chorus]

Sentimental days
In a mist of clouded haze
Of a memory that now feels untrue

[Chorus]
"The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it." Dudley Moore (1935 - 2002)

No comments: