Monday, September 05, 2005

Going going gone

I sold the "Old Tiger" today, may the new owner have as much fun as I had. Sad to see it go though but I just did not have the time or cash to fix it up properly, it was worse seeing it gather dust in the carport. Nothing wrong with the motor though, fired up after a few cranks and off they went. That after about 9 months of standing! Mini's do not die they just keep on motoring... This weekend I was compiling some of the car/racing/road related music and came up with this compilation, not comprehensive by a long chalk!
43 tracks in playlist,
average track length:
3:53

Playlist length: 2 hours 47 minutes 40 seconds

Playlist: - Cool your engines

    1. Kareema - Cool your engine (3:22)
    2. Celine Dion - I drove all night (3:42)
    3. Shania Twain - In my car (I'll be the driver) (3:11)
    4. Doobie Brothers - Rockin' down the highway (3:21)
    5. Ron van den Beuken - Overdrive (radio edit) (1:48)
    6. Standfast - Carcrashes (4:37)
    7. R.E.M. - Drive (4:16)
    8. Roxette - Joyride (4:48)
    9. Westlife - Drive (3:26)
    10. Golden Earing - Radar love (5:05)
    11. Billy Ocean - Get out of my dreams, get into my car (4:46)
    12. Del Amitri - Driving with the brakes on (4:44)
    13. DJ Tiesto - Traffic (5:24)
    14. The Offspring - Million miles away (3:40)
    15. Cyndi Lauper - I drove all night (4:13)
    16. Roxette - Joy ride (3:59)
    17. Roy Orbison - Ride away (3:28)
    18. Gary Neuman - Cars (3:40)
    19. Vincent and Quentin - Joyride (4:49)
    20. Pink - 18 Wheeler (3:44)
    21. Roxette - It takes no time to get here (3:35)
    22. Karen Zoid - Set of wheels (2:51)
    23. Ripcord - Crash (6:55)
    24. Bob Dylan - Down the highway (3:27)
    25. Catatonia - Road rage (5:07)
    26. Bad Boys Blue - L.O.V.E. In My Car (4:03)
    27. Seether - Gasoline (3:29)
    28. Albert Hammond - 99 Miles from LA (3:58)
    29. Roxette - Sleeping in my car (3:31)
    30. Belinda Carlisle - Emotional highway (5:15)
    31. Suzi Quattro - Devil gate drive (3:48)
    32. Savage Garden - Crash and burn (4:42)
    33. The Proclaimers - 500 Miles (3:36)
    34. Diana Fox - Running On Empty (radio mix) (2:52)
    35. Jan Hammer - Miami Vice Theme (2:26)
    36. Suzi Quattro - 48 Crash (3:54)
    37. The Cars - Drive (3:54)
    38. The Offspring - No brakes (2:05)
    39. Roy Orbison - I drove all night (3:46)
    40. Yello - The race (3:21)
    41. Suzi Quattro - Daytona demon (3:59)
    42. BWO - Sixteen tons of hardware (3:28)
    43. Kris Kristofferson - Casey's last ride (3:35)
Ok sue me... three of the same, I love all three versions of I Drove All Night! so what the heck I put them all into the compilation, one that is missing is Motorbikin by Chris Spedding, the song evokes all that is fun of speeding down a highway. One day... soon I hope... I will be motorbikin... Now why the Miami Vice Theme? not quite highway I know but that boat speeding down the canal in the intro while the music played always evoked the same feelings as Radar Love by Golden Earing... man! Way cool dude... Then we have the Roxette songs... Joyride - Sleeping in my - Car It Takes no Time to Get Here. Of course I could go on about them all... Enjoyed listening to them as I typed up the blog.
The lyrics come from Kareema and
Cool Your Engines
:
Cool your engines standby
cause you've got just one chance in your life
at the end of the night
as you're waiting on the starting line
cool your engines standby
cause you've got just one chance tonight
to do what is right
as we are waiting on the starting line
and if you think that you might
give up this time with no try
and be waiting tonight
it's the longest part of your life
i wanna tell you "Allright"
the patience is so hard to try
cool your engines standy
as we are waiting on the starting line
cool your engines standby
Now before I get sentimental let me finish off with this gem.
**Drive-in banks were established so most of the cars today could see their real owners.** E. Joseph Crossman.

No comments: