Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Haloscan and Commenting policy

I am one that rather than re-invent the wheel, will use an existing tool if it suits me, I want to thank Jeremy Zawodny for his rules... here verbatim and in 100% agreement... I have also implemented Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com on this blog, thanks Dudes.
"For quite a while now, I've been removing occasional comments from my weblog. Not just spammers. If someone violates my weblog comment policy, I nuke their comment(s). It's that simple.
Until now, I hadn't published my policy. Instead, I forgot about Rule #1 (People Are Stupid) and figured that common sense would rule the day. (So I thought as well - RobC)

So, here are the rules--things you should not do when posting a comment on my weblog. And since it is MY WEBLOG and not yours, you don't have a lot of say in the matter, do you?"

DO NOT:
post off-topic. If you're not sure what the topic is, you probably shouldn't be commenting.
engage in personal attacks.
provide a fake e-mail address. If you don't want to leave an address, leave it blank.
provide a URL to a non-weblog. If you don't have a weblog or don't want to link to it, leave it blank too.
spam. Yes, this is redundant with #1 most of the time, but I figured I ought to be explicit.
I'll update this post from time to time as rules change.


Violation of this policy may mean any of the following:
I will remove your comments.
I will block your attempts to comment in the future.
I will contact your Internet Service Provider.
I will randomly screw with your mind.


To the 99% of you that never needed to read this in the first place, thanks for putting up with this post. Also thanks to Jeremy Zawodny once again for sparing me to type out my thoughs on the matter.

No comments: