Monday, February 08, 2010

The Heidie Saga part I

I recently got the opportunity to test a K75 Heidenhau rear tyre for the KLR, here are the pics I took just after the wheel was fitted. many thanks to Harold at BikeGear for the opportunity!

The K75 has a nice aggressive look.
New K75 and well worn K60...
Close up of the wear on the K60. This is after approximately 8000 Kilometers, the best wear I have ever had so far from a rear on the KLR. After the test I think I will be back on a K60.
Another comparison between the two. The K75 is not a tar tire but as I do a bit of commuting as well we want to see how it holds up in this regard, many DS riders want a agressive dirt tire that does have some tar use as well. I think in this respect I will be able to give it a good test.

Now all I have to do is go and put some kilos on the tire... or is that tyre?.
I'm no good at DIY. I'm terrible with computers, too. And decorating. But I can change a tyre. Gwyneth Paltrow

No comments: