Monday, June 22, 2015
Terrine as described by Wiki:
So onward with the recipe...
1. Around 500g boerewors mince.
2. Packet bacon bits.
3. Packet of streaky bacon or more if you want.
4. Diced onion to taste, I use about a cup.
5. Diced sweet pepper, green, yellow, red, whatever is at hand.
6. The crust slice from a loaf of brown bread, crumbed.
7. One crushed clove of garlic.
8. Garlic and herb seasoning, add later too taste.
9. 2 lare eggs
10. Fresh chopped coriander and basil, as much as you like.
Preheat oven to 180C.
Assemble ingredients as follows. Grease a pie pan (I used a 170x170cm cake pan) Line pie pan with streaky bacon by dangling half of each peace over the side, so you can fold it back over the filling.
Add the rest of the ingredients and crack the eggs over the mix, use hour hands to thouroughly blend the ingredients. Start filling the bacon coverd pan with the filling, make sure to fill the corners. Fold the bacon over the filling in a basket weave pattern if you like.
Pop the lot into the oven and bake for -+ 60 minutes till the top bacon turns crusty. Use a knife to cut portions, serve with a salad and bun in the company of your favourite person.