Friday, March 28, 2008

Welcome to the Iron Butt club...

Once again we did over 2000 kilos in a week... to say our bums are numb is an understatement... that being said we had an amazing seven days break and had a good time getting in touch with family again.
Rain gear in Smithfield... and all the way to Sheppie.

The bridge over the Orange River at night...

Umdlodi... at last a decent Java.

Full Moon...

Waning Moon the next evening...


Cormorant drying it's wings on the rocks...


Ballito and more coffee...

Argyle Arms... do not let the cover of a book fool you... a warm bed and good food for the weary travelers.
The Berg...

The Tree... reminds me of two other trees... One being the Easter Tree... the other was one I wrote a poem about. Putting it up down below...

Lichens pass from the other end...

Red mountains... and mountainous clouds... Moondancer taking in the view from the edge...

Almost home...
Here is the poem, not meant to be pretty but fitting with what we as Christians believe;
The Tattered Tree

The smell of Semtex frightens even the vultures.
The horror of shreds of bone and sinew hang in the tattered trees.
Inglorious, unjust, incomprehensible inhumanity.
How can one justify gaining freedom by making victims
out of the very people you claim to be standing for?

Time is supposed to fade the memory,
but today it seared my mind again just like that day!
Today another tribe is claiming to be a savior,
more evil than before they slaughter kith and kin.
They claim to be of divine ordination.

When will those blinded by worldly rights become aware...
that the condescending stance is but a weakness in the eyes of
those that contemplate the downfall of the very freedom that these rights ensconce?
That these rights are used as weapons to tear themselves asunder.

How many more of these tattered trees must humanity endure?
What must be done for peace to endure?
Then I remember another tattered Tree with it's unbearable load.
That's when I sink to my knees and pray...
This Easter once more I realized how much we have to strive to live up to the example that was show to us on that Tree... Love one another as I love you...

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

No comments: