Thursday, March 06, 2008

What is a bucket list...



Before there was the movie I had my very own bucket list called If Wishes Wus Fishes over on my website. Amazingly a lot of the things have come true, albeit in ways I never thought of, or are in the process of being realised. Some I may delete and there are a few I may add... more on my wish list later...
Back to the movie, I think the combination of Jack and Morgan was brilliant but I am not giving away too much, if you have not seen it do so ASAP... put it on your Bucket List!
As I mentioned in my last blog, this movie makes you think and the theme song "Say" by John Mayer is great...

John Mayer "Say" Lyrics

Take out of your wasted honour
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so called problems
Better put them in quotations
Say what you need to say (8x)

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you’d be better off instead
If you could only
Say what you need to say (8x)

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You better know that in the end its better to say too much
Than to never to say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open
Why?
Say what you need to say (25x)

Words that carry a lot of meaning in today's hectic life... we so often forget to say to our loved ones how we really feel, how much we care, how much we appreciate them and how much joy they bring to us... A line from the movie I found very insightful was;
“You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. ‘Have you found joy in your life?’ 'Has your life brought joy to others?’"
This is something I have come to realise as a great truth even before I saw the movie and I want to make this my life motto... so I ques it goes onto the Wish list!

No comments: