Thursday, June 09, 2011

I was getting worried here

what with all the rain since Monday night I was starting to think we would be having a replay of 1988 when we had major flooding here in the Free State... turns out that there has been some flooding plus the fact that most harvesting has come to a slushy stop!
Here are two galleries of flood pics on the local newspaper site and the story of one flooded farmer.
I must say that I was following the storm on Oom Koos's site and he has some pics too! The satellite images were quite dramatic! Today it shows most of the system out over the Indian Ocean.

Amazing what tools we have today but still we are impotent at the power of nature, all we can doe is trust in God.
"The hurricane flooded me out of a lot of memorabilia, but it can't flood out the memories."
Tom Dempsey

No comments: