Sunday, January 30, 2005

Resident Evil Apocalypse - escape from reality

I had to admit, I was sceptic when the kids said they wanted to see Resident Evil-Apocalypse... I really enjoyed the movie, a typical escapist plot, mayem, monsters, zombies, virii, guns blazing and an A Bomb finale! and the girls were the main heroes, my kinda movie! Milla Jovovich (5th Element, Dummy) is back with a vengeance and kicks some serious butt. Seriously, not for the pre-teens but then the Terminator series was not either! It did have a goodish ending (some of the good guys survive, the baddie buys the farm) with a slight twist leaving open the door for a sequel... Milla also sings and writes her own lyrics, her site has some demo's and after listenig I am quite impressed! So we go out with her song:
Breathing In Your Sleep - Milla Jovovich
timing ain't holding up
but my world is blowin up
you make me feel so fine
now you're surprised that i ain't ordinary

i feel me breathing in your sleep
can you feel it?-
grazing your lips with my fingertips

we wake up a few times
to speak of dreams that make it hard to sleep

are you dying in your dreams
i know sometimes i can feel it
turn into to stone by the light of morning
disappear without meaning
are you taking up time
that thoughts pressing thru my mind
oh baby, i'm fine
can you believe it?
can you believe it?

Strange how one discovers something new every day...
"Marx, Darwin and Freud are the three most crashing bores of the Western World. Simplistic popularization of their ideas has thrust our world into a mental straitjacket from which we can only escape by the most anarchic violence." William Golding

No comments: