Monday, January 31, 2005

What? The people wanted to vote?

What a turn up for all the negative reporters and naysayers all over the world, I salute the Iraqi people, they have proved themselves and the USA right and the world wrong.
V for victory!
Talking about positive things, today went off smoothly at the saltmine, no ques no tantrums, seems like calm has returned to Hecticville, I may even get some work done!
No recipe today as the kids and I went out for lunch on Sunday, Primi Piatti Bloemfontein Waterfront, thanks for brilliant service and a stunning meal, I think of all the "Italian" restaurants in Bloem they are the best for Italian fare. Oh by the way, they grow their own Basil and the Pesto is devine, beware the chilli though, take teeny helpings if you do not want a meltdown...
I think these lyrics from The Tremeloes are most fitting today.
Even the bad times are good - Tremeloes
La la la la la la la la la ....

There are times in this life of
mine
I think that the sun forgot how to shine
But as long as you're
always there
It don't bother me 'cos why should I care
When all I've
gotta do is run to you

Even the bad times are good
Soon as I get
to you baby you just gotta hold me
And even the bad times are
good
Even the bad times are good
Soon as I get to you baby you just
gotta kiss me
And even the bad times are good
La la la la la la la
la la ....

When the day seems to drag along
And all that I do is
workin' out wrong
Still I find that I never cry
As long as I know
that you're standing by
Then all I've gotta do is run to
you

Even the bad times are good ...

"Hope doesn't come from calculating whether the good news is winning out over the bad. It's simply a choice to take action." Anna Lappe.** O Magazine, June 2003

No comments: