Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Suikinkutsu - Water on glass

A suikinkutsu (Japanese 水琴窟, literally: water koto cave) is a type of Japanese garden ornament and music device. Something I am adding to my "To Do" list. The sound they make is amazing.

It reminds me of a song by Blondie, Water on Glass... more on that later, here is the technology behind or under it all.

Sometimes it is a simple thing that posesses Glory, sometimes it is the fact that all creation is Glorious. Well someday I will build my own bit of Glory. Ok I gotta admit... I have always had a crush on Debbie Harry, the blonde from Blondie, here are the lyrics of the song that fits the theme...
Water on Glass - Blondie - Written by Ricky & Marty Wilde
Cascading down
There’s a sound vaporising into vision
It’s a sound in my head
That I feel and it shuts me in a prison
Say it won’t last
Say it will pass
Always the sound in my brain
Can you hear it

Water on glass running down again
Water on glass that sound
Water on glass running round again
Help me, the sound of running water’s
Coming down

Dancing away
Like the lights on a moving coloured river
Sounds in my head seem to run
And again I feel a shiver
Say it won’t last
Pray it will pass
Always that sound in my brain
Can you hear it (can you hear it)

Water on glass running down again
Water on glass that sound
Water on glass running round again
Help me, the sound of running water’s
Coming down
Water on glass running down again
Water on glass that sound
Water on glass running round again
Help me, the sound of running water’s
Coming down

**True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.** Erich Segal

No comments: