Friday, February 24, 2006

Little Things Mean a Lot, on the day I was born.

"Little Things Mean a Lot" by Kitty Kallen was the top song on the day I was born... and I thought I was a Rock'nRoll baby. Some more on the lady here;
http://home.earthlink.net/~jaymar41/kallen.html
http://www.parabrisas.com/d_kallenk.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Kallen

Born - February 2, 1922 Philadelphia, PA
Real Name - Genevieve Agostinello
Marriage - Clint Garvin
Little Things Mean a Lotsung by Kitty Kallen. Decca 29037. This great record reached Number 1 on the charts on April 17, 1954 and saw a half year on the Billboard charts. Miss Kallen so believed in this song and in "Chapel in the Moonlight," that she financed the recording sessions herself. Her label, Decca, refused to pay for the sessions because they saw no commercial value in these songs. Little Things Mean a Lot was the biggest selling and most popular record of the Golden year 1954, when popular music reached its peak.

Little Things Mean A Lot:
Blow me a kiss from across the room
Say I look nice when I'm not
Touch my hair as you pass my chair
Little things mean a lot


Give me your arm as we cross the street
Call me at six on the dot
A line a day when you're far away
Little things mean a lot

Don't have to buy me diamonds or pearls
Champagne, sables, or such
I never cared much for diamonds and pearls
'cause honestly, honey, they just cost money

Give me your hand when I've lost the way
Give me your shoulder to cry on
Whether the day is bright or gray
Give me your heart to rely on


Send me the warmth of a secret smile
To show me you haven't forgot
That's always and ever, for now and forever,
Honey, little things mean a lot

"As we look deeply within, we understand our perfect balance. There is no fear of the cycle of birth, life and death. For when you stand in the present moment, you are timeless." Rodney Yee

No comments: