Friday, October 06, 2006

How can we make you cry...


is the line from the advertisments of FNB. Well you could have helped by linking my new Credit Card to my existing PIN on my Credit Card account and thereby sparing me a month of hassles with PIN's being rejected and cards becoming invalid. Come on how difficult is the small thing I ask? I just get so irritated when one has to be inconvenienced by illogical systems. I am sure I am not the first customer to have this comedy of errors to be inflicted on them.
This all started last month on the day I went to fetch my new card that would start working this month...
Error 1, the clerk activated something when reporting that I had collected my card.
Error 2 The next time I went to draw money with my then still valid card... "Incorrrect PIN" x2.
So the next monday I tootled to the bank and tried again... then the ATM purloined my card!
Popped in to see the manager and retrieved the card... he informed me that as the new yet still not valid card had been reported as collected the older card would not work at ATM's any more. So I arrainge for my new card's pin to be diverted to my post box...
Error 3 Today, in the time that my new card is supposed to work I try and draw money... no dice "card invalid"... So my new card and new PIN are worthless... thank you First National Bank! I am now reduced to a quivering tearfull frustrated wreck...
Hopefully next week we will see the new card replacement and two days later the PIN in the post... Then we do it all over again...

UPDATE:
My new card works... this still took 2 months to fix... FNB still sucks...

No comments: