Friday, April 13, 2007

Tida...

means Tired in Da Arse... thanks Nissan... my butt is still sore after two days in this cars abominable seats! I am not putting it on my list of possible wheels to purchase...

Otherwise my trip to rectify the attack of the mutant rats on our cables was not too unpleasant.

The damage to the cable was around 70mm of gnawed cable, what rats do with pvc, mylar, aluminium and copper in their digestive tract beats me! Rough guess of the actual cost? Around R3000.00 for my time and travel expenses, dunno what it cost to have the cable re buried properly after our makeshift repair to get things online again...
The trip had a few plusses too, I was able to take a lot of pictures of some interesting and noteworthy buildings and monuments in Harrismith.

This building has been beautifully restored but alas the Town Hall needs serious attention, maybe I will do a article on its own about the scars on it's facade on a later date.

The monument to WWII soldiers is very striking and would also fit into an article of it's own.

So how was your Friday the 13th week?
Hopefully we will have good weather for tomorrows MX Regional, hope I can get some pictures taken but once again being COC will dictate...
As to my wish list on cars... give me a

Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited or a

Shelby Mustang GT 500 ... now I must just try and justify renting one on my next trip!
"All American cars are basically Chevrolet's."
Herb Caen

No comments: