Friday, May 11, 2007

Why I love the Green Ogre

Yep, Shrek... and I can't wait for Shrek the Third.

I have been looking at the soundtrack and WOW, some real oldies there that I am looking forward to see how they fit into the story.
Here is the list;
1. Eels - Royal Pain
2. The Ramones - Do You Remember Rock N Roll Radio
3. Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
4. Fergie - Barracuda
5. Wings - Live And Let Die
6. Matt White - Best Days
7. Wolfmother - Joker And The Thief
8. Trevor Hall - Other Ways
9. Harry Chapin - Cats In The Cradle
10. Eels - Losing Streak
11. Macy Gray - What I Gotta Do
12. Eddie Murphy and Antonio Banderas - Thank You (falletin Me Be Mice Elf Again)
13. Maya Rudolph And Rupert Everett - Final Showdown
14. Harry Greggson - Williams - Charmings Plan
I have some of them like Led Zeppelin and Harry Chapin but the Eels are new to me...
I hope Eddie and Antonio 's duet is as good as Livin' La Vida Loca from Shrek 2, then we are in for a hoot of a song! I see some sites mention 15 tracks, Shrek 2 also had a bonus track, Holding out for a hero by Jennifer Saunders (Fairy Godmother) although I prefer the Frou Frou version with Imogen Heap doing the vocals.
Imogen is also one of my Angelic Voices (still in progress, got carried away with this one) I like... if you get a chance get the soundtracks off all the Shrek's... there is some good music on them all with a dash of the eclectic as well.

Here are the previous Shrek movie's tracklists:
Shrek 1

1. Stay Home - Self
2. I'm A Believer - Smash Mouth
3. Like Wow! - Leslie Carter
4. It Is You (I Have Loved) - Dana Glover
5. Best Years Of Our Lives - Baha Men
6. Bad Reputation - Halfcocked
7. My Beloved Monster - Eels
8. You Belong To Me - Jason Wade
9. All Star - Smash Mouth
10. Hallelujah - John Cale
11. I'm On My Way - The Proclaimers
12. I'm A Believer (Reprise) - Eddie Murphy
13. True Love's First Kiss - John Powell

Shrek 2

1. Accidentally In Love - Counting Crows
2. Holding Out For A Hero - Frou Frou
3. Changes - Butterfly Boucher
4. As Lovers Go (Ron Fair Remix) - Dashboard Confessional
5. Funkytown - Lipps, Inc.
6. I'm On My Way - Rich Price
7. I Need Some Sleep - Eels
8. Ever Fallen In Love - Pete Yorn
9. Little Drop Of Poison - Tom Waits
10. You're So True - Joseph Arthur
11. People Ain't No Good - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
12. Fairy Godmother Song - Jennifer Saunders
13. Livin' La Vida Loca - Eddie Murphy
14. Bonus Track: Holding Out For A Hero - Jennifer Saunders

While checking all things Shrek I see they are planning for Shrek 4!
"Knowledge is not a series of self-consistent theories that converges toward an ideal view; it is rather an ever increasing ocean of mutually incompatible (and perhaps even incommensurable) alternatives, each single theory, each fairy tale, each myth that is part of the collection forcing the others into greater articulation and all of them contributing, via this process of competition, to the development of our consciousness." Paul Feyerabend

No comments: