Friday, May 16, 2008

Boy, did they get it wrong!

As I sit here typing the weather forecast on SABC is announcing... "No rain forecast anywhere in South Africa" while the thunder rolls outside and the pitter patter of raindrops on the roof tell me the opposite... wonder when they will stop using those apprentices over the weekends!
Not that I mind the rain although it has prevented me from taking Shrek for a cobwebs removal spin... where did this week go!
After last weekend's successful MX regional I am enjoying a slightly less stressful existence... even getting time to type a word or two on the blog!
I suppose by now you have seen the other posting of the day, the title of this one sort of reflects on this theme... It was not posted to blast or lambaste Oprah but to warn of the dangers out there. There is so many things that pose as goodness when in fact they draw you away from the daily walk with God.
While going to the shop earlier this evening L remarked how beautiful the sunset was with the gathering clouds, I was reminded how God is always providing us with what we need to survive this earthly existence. So I gave thanks while remembering so many have less than I have.
This got me thinking of a conversation I had with a shop owner today, we both agreed that a business salary package should look like a pyramid... on one side the unskilled and trainee workers, then the next level should be supervisors and then middle and upper management... the other side should be the directors... level with the average worker... Directors are usually also shareholders and often serve in other businesses boards... that means they get profit sharing from more than one source... no need for that multi million rand salary. Rather pay your workers and management more for doing a good job I say! I think big business has gotten it totally wrong with the triangular model followed by big business these days...
Oh... another guy getting it wrong is this... posted over on Megalicious Mayhem...
"'Whom are you?' he asked, for he had attended business college."
George Ade (1866 - 1944), "The Steel Box", 1898

No comments: