Sunday, September 17, 2006

Absinthe & Cookies on a birthday

Roberta was in a quandary when writing "Invitations to Cross Rivers In New Shoes".
The way I see it in my crude manly way is that you will only get one thing asked when you get to the Pearly Gates;
"Did you love one another as I love you?" not were you Protestant or Catholic...
Jesus invented KISS when he told us to have faith like a child, it is so simple that we cannot grasp that is all He requires. We try and find other reasons in Theology, we invent reasons to rend the Body of Christ by adhering to different denominations, it is all vanity... all He asked is that we believe that He died for our sins and that we love one another... plain and simple.

Where and how you worship is an earthly matter and should not be dwelled upon too deeply as far as I am concerned, as long as the preacher teaches the Truth, applies KISS and you feel welcome to attend then that should be all that matters.
Oh... they must serve tea and cake or cookies after the service! Not doing so is a mortal sin...
In any case I enjoy my visits to her blog, still have to try that Absinthe though... personally I am a Rum afficianado... but that is just me...

Speaking of cake... my son is celebrating 22 years on the blue dot, all I can say is no man could have a finer son!
Sometimes a diamond falls from the tree... Love you Ouboet!

"Religion is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions."
Author Unknown

No comments: