Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'm ALIVE

Read the words, anoyher song with hidden meanings... after this weekend's video this song just grabbed me while I was preparing all the stuff that needs to go on the Hogsback trip... yep, on the road again in a few days...
I Am Alive - Ultravox

I, I'm moving through time
Being human by design
Life
Unfulfilled but divine
Never ending
How could I be so blind?
What is this world
Doing to me?
Notwithstanding the lies
All the tears I have cried
I've opened my eyes

Chorus:
I am alive
I am who
I want to be
Walls are falling
I am alive
And this is my destiny
The King is calling
I am alive

Far from the maddening crowd
Playing mind games
Way out loud
Pictures of heroes
Lined up one by one
Embracing the future I have begun

(Chorus)

Passing strangers
Artificial life
Slowly falling
Look out for me
I am alive

(Chorus)

If I run over the video one day I will post it, in the meantime I am alive and I am embracing life with all it brings, every experience is moulding me, shaping me, making me the person I am meant to be. This is my destiny... The King is calling!
"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny."
Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

No comments: