Sunday, December 23, 2007

Green Mountain

We arrived at Hogsback! I never knew places like this existed in South Africa... more to follow. The Amatolas are greener than green! I got wetter than wet getting here though... as the weather caught me out I was not able to take pictures on this leg of the trip, however here are some from yesterday. Had a surprise in Pick&Pay while waiting for Moondancer to hook up with me for the drive to Ilifu in Hogsback where we were to stay in Camerons Cabin. KatieB was down visiting her parents for Xmas.
This is where I spent the previous evening in Queenstown,

The nearby NG Church...

And a looming storm making a glorious sunset, a perfect end to the day as I prepared to rest for the final leg to Hogsback.

"Mountains are earth's undecaying monuments."
Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804 - 1864)

No comments: