Saturday, December 01, 2007

What have you done with it

When I look at what some people have achieved in their lives I sometimes get a chill because I have not climbed Mount Everest or run the Comrades or built homes for the homeless...
We live in times that seem to demand this from a person, sort of a price to pay for the opportunities that are available. Then I read a blog like
Attitude of Gratitude and realise that all is not lost.
I have been able to not do a few things as well... I never smoked, never took drugs, never did a lot of negative things that I could have... because these things are also there to be done, just like the good things one can chose the bad as well.
Not that I am perfect at all, just an average person with all my faults as a human. I just made a choice not to do some of the things that were offered.
One of the biggest choices I made was to be a happy person, to be grateful for every sunrise and sunset, this has not been easy at all but since I have re connected with my Saviour it has become a lot easier. I believe being a grateful person and showing this in your life is maybe one of the greatest things you can do with your life.
"Gratitude is our most direct line to God and the angels. If we take the time, no matter how crazy and troubled we feel, we can find something to be thankful for." Terry Lynn Taylor

No comments: