Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Missed! SN 2004dj Supernova

The closest and brightest supernova in over a decade was recorded just over a month ago in the outskirts of nearby galaxy NGC 2403... and I missed this one! It sure takes one's breath away.
SN 2004dj in all its glory...
2004dj NGC 2403 2004 07 31 07 37.3 36 160E 10N 11.2 IAUC 8377 07 37 17.02 35 57.8 IAUC 8377 II-P Itagaki

Mmmm, almost the time of my supernova experience! There must be some significance in this? Just got some more music sorted out as well, should have my full collection back onboard the pc in a few weeks...

As this is related I have just been listening to Jessica Simpson and her version of Take my Breath Away, the Berlin song from the movie Top Gun, another song with a similar title was done by Surreal - You take my breath away and here are the lyrics;

Take My Breath Away - Sureal
You take my breath away...

You take my breath away...
You take my breath awaaaay...

You take my breath away
Don't leave me out this way

What more can I say...
You take my breath away...(repeat)

You left me in this way
There's nothing left to say
Nothing left to say...

Nothing to say
Cause you
Take my breath
Awaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy....

Going to get to bed early again as it is still chilly... best place to be when the night is cold. Now for probably the funniest space/breath related quote I have ever come across... bear in mind this man said he invented the Internet as well... I cannot believe he was a vice president, and they say Bush is dumb! God help America if Kerry is anywhere near as cloddish...
"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe." Dan Quayle (1947 - ), 8/11/89

No comments: