Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung. We're free at last, people. Free at last. Thank you mother nature, we're free. Time to toss open that metaphysical window and check out that psychic landscape. See lots of possibilities budding out there. Time to hoe those rows, feed that seed. Pretty soon you get a garden. Robin Green and Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, A Wing and a Prayer, 1994
2 Quotes for today... read the blog to get to the second one! Spring, a new beginning, a new season, a time of year I enjoy a lot, I really think that we are blessed to live in this great country. Our seasons are truly magnificent although I do sometimes wish it would snow more in winter!

Some Geraniums from my Dad's garden to celebrate Spring Day with!
Been watching "Still Breathing" tonight, I really enjoyed it, so diffrent to the usual, and soooo romantic... Makes me think of waay back when and this is the song.
THE RAIN THE PARK AND OTHER THINGS - The Cowsills
I saw her sitting in the rain,
raindrops falling on her.
She didn't seem to care.

She sat there and smiled at me.
And I knew (I knew, I knew, I knew, I knew)
she could make me happy (happy, happy).
Flowers in her hair, flowers everywhere.

I love the flower girl, oh, I don't know just why.
She simply caught my eye.
I love the flower girl, she seemed so sweet and kind.
She crept into my mind.

Suddenly the sun broke through (see the sun).
I turned around she was gone (where did she go).
And all I had left was one little flower from her hair.

But I knew (I knew, I knew, I knew, I knew)
she had made me happy (happy, happy).
Flowers in her hair, flowers everywhere.

Now off to bed and day two of spring 2004...
"An optimist is the human personification of spring." Susan J. Bissonette

No comments: