Saturday, November 25, 2006

I wish I was a Punk Rocker with a four song meme.

Theater of the Soul has a music meme that I thought was worth duplicating here as well, so here goes but before you check out my list you may first want to do a popkwiz and test your pop music knowlege...
Question 1/3 - from 24 January 2005:
'I'm A Believer (Monkees) and Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon (Urge Overkill) were composed by whom?
Bob Dylan
Neil Diamond
Paul McCartney
Tim Harding
Answers in comments are acceptable:

Onward to the meme...
Four songs that you could listen to over and over:
Dream to me - Dario G
Proud Mary - CCR
Runaway - IIO, Nadia Ali
Accidentally in love - Counting Crows

Four songs that drive you up the friggin’ wall:
Do the funky chicken - Rufus Thomas
Popcorn - Crazy Frog (The original by Hot Butter is acceptable.)
The rain, the park and other things - The Cowsills
Gansta's paradise - Coolio

Four songs that you’re embarrassed (or should be)
to admit you like:
The numa numa song/SMS/Dragosteadin tei/Mayahoo or a hunderd other versions. But I like the original by O-Zone.
Bum num - Mabel.
Hooked on a feeling - Bay City Rollers.
Lucky - Britney Spears.

Four best driving songs:
Motorbiking - Chris Spedding
Alive - Celine Dion
Tears of pearls - Savage Garden
Sultans of swing - Dire Straits

Four songs that make you cry:
Wir sind wir - Paul van Dyk
A river for him - Linda Ronstad
My lovers gone - Dido
A tear in the open - DJ Tiesto, Kirsty Hawkeshaw on vocals

Four best risqué songs:
Take off your clothes - Peter Sarsted
The only thing that looks good on me is you - Bryan Adams
Lay your body down on me - Poison
Don't Cha - Pussycat Dolls

Four best kid songs:
Do, re, me - Julie Andrews from the Sound of Music
Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter, Paul and Mary
Heigh-Ho - From Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Hakuna Matata - from The Lion King

Four songs (hell, pick your own category and fill
it in) - With Angelic Voices:
Love is more - Ceoma & The Larx
Close to the edge - Solex
Deliver me - Sarah Briteman
Wonderful life - Tina Cousins (cover version of the hit by Black)


Four Songs That Make Me Smile
18 till I die - Bryan Adams
Queen of hearts - Juice Newton
All about the money - Meja
I wish I was a punk rocker - Sadi Thom (She sings about many songs I remember.)

and then I want to add two more of my own...
Four Songs that make you wanna dance:
Get the party started - Pink
Paint it black - Rolling Stones (although I prefer Vanessa Carlton's cover version.)
I turn to you - Melanie C or Mel C former Spice Girl.
Summertime Blues - Eddie Chochran

Four Fighting Songs (aka heavy metal/rock): (it's a male thing.)
Feur Frei - Rammstein
Planet Hell - Nightwish
Israel's Son - Silverchair
Tourniquet - Evanescence

I could actually carry on till the cows come home adding more catagories but before I bore you all to death I will
sign off with my latest favourite from Sandi Thom - I wish I was a Punk Rocker and yeah... I was still a teen in '69!
[Chorus:]
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In '77 and '69 revolution was in the air
I was born too late into a world that doesn't care
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair

When the head of state didn't play guitar
Not everybody drove a car
When music really mattered and when radio was king
When accountants didn't have control
And the media couldn't buy your soul
And computers were still scary and we didn't know everything

[Chorus]

When pop stars still remained a myth
And ignorance could still be bliss
And when god saved the queen she turned a whiter shade of pale
My mom and dad were in their teens
And anarchy was still a dream
And the only way to stay in touch was a letter in the mail

[Chorus]

When record shops were still on top
And vinyl was all that they stocked
And the super info highway was still drifting out in space
Kids were wearing hand me downs
And playing games meant kick arounds
And footballers still had long hair and dirt across their face

[Chorus]

I was born too late into a world that doesn't care
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
"From the persistence of noise comes the insistence of rage.
From the emergence of tone comes the divergence of thought.
From the enlightenment of music comes the wisdom of... silence."
Visions of Gregorian Chants

No comments: