Thursday, July 17, 2008

Moonrise over the Maloti

Today I had to go and sort out a small problem and on the way back I just had to stop and take pictures of the full moon rising over the Maloti mountains... here is the picture as well as some of the others I took earlier the day...
The moon caught rising over the Maluti (or Maloti as some pronounce it in these parts) Mountains just outside Clarens on the way to Fouriesburg, taken on the way back from our other campus at Qwaqwa.

Fortunately the clouds dispersed when it was time to leave... I had not packed the rainsuit!

The dirt road to Kestell over the mountain... will be explored one day...

Shadows falling over the mountains of Golden Gate...
The trip was highlighted by me being able to test the new HID light and I can say it works well... just near Tweespruit some cattle had wandered onto the roadside and I was able to see them clearly... with lesser lights I would have seen them a lot later... maybe too late.
"Beauty is a form of genius--is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon."
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

No comments: