Sunday, October 10, 2004

Ghosts of unkissed kisses

Spent the better part (love that term, because it was a good day!) of the day with Yoshikuni Ayumi (nom de blog for my daughter), we went to see Dodge Ball wich had us both in hysterics within minutes. Hey! we both love slapstick! Then it was home to make some grub and listen to music as well as play with Myoo... who is pooped from playing, as I type. The recipe will be on tomorrows blog and was deemed exccelent by my daughter. She made a few playlists of songs she likes for the times she comes around to my flat. I also made a few of wich I this one I call "Ghosts of Unkissed Kisses", it has a wide range of genres and tempo's but is just great to listen to, will be putting at least one a month together as go...
1. Trembling Blue Stars - The Ghost Of An Unkissed Kiss (4:33)
2. Hooverphonic - Mad about you (3:44)
3. Sinead O'Connor - Nothing compares to you (5:07)
4. Seether ft Amy Lee - Broken (4:19)
5. Knocking on heavens door - Avril Livigne (2:53)
6. Dido - Mary's in India (3:41)
7. The Awakening - Amethyst (3:22)
8. The Corrs - Baby be brave (3:58)
9. Roxette - Come back (before you leave) (4:40)
10. Nena feat. Kim Wild - Anyplace, anywhere, anytime (4:03)
11. DJ Sammy & Carisma - Golden Child (3:41)
12. Don Henley - Boys of summer (4:50)
13. Gene Pitney - Somethings Gotten Hold Of My Heart (1:28)
14. Simon Walsh - Eat The Ashes (3:16)
15. The Awakening - The sounds of silence (4:43)
16. Paul van Dyk - Wir sind wir (original version) (3:44)
17. Nazareth - Love Hurts (3:52)
18. Hooverphonic - Out of sight (3:56)
19. Toni Childs - Stop your fussin (4:41)
20. Dido - Sand in my shoes (4:59)
21. Agnelli & Nelson - Angels (3:23)
22. Gary Puckett and the Union Gap - Young Girl (3:16)
23. Rare Blend - Boom Boom Boom (3:22)
24. Blank and Jones - Perfect silence (6:14)
25. The Awakening - Dreams in fire (4:47)
26. Bruce Springsteen - I'm On Fire (2:41)
27. Roxette - She does'nt live here anymore (4:03)
28. Michelle Marie - Boys Club (3:22)
29. Michael Bolton - Said I Loved You...But I Lied (5:01)
30. Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli - Con te partiro - Time to say goodbye (4:06)

The reason for the title? Just because of the first song of course! Looking for a suitable quote I came across some by Matt Groening, being of a similar age he seems to have my sense of humour, then I discover he is the Father of the Simpsons... now it all somehow makes sense! So here goes;
"Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig, and then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun."
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." - "Life in Hell".
Getting back to kisses, here are todays lyrics... from Trembling Blue Stars, A Single Kiss:
She's gone and no longer
Feels she'd die without me
The other half of her
She's stopped feeling me to be
She said that she wants me
To consider us over
And tonight it's as though she
She was a dream only

As though this world is no world where
I'd ever find her
As though she isn't out there
As though there never was a her
As though there never was a her

It's like I never really knew her love
A single kiss, felt her touch
It could be that I never have
Been anything other than
Than what I am
Other than without her

Tonight it's as though she
Was just some wonderful dream
To think she really happened to me
To think she really
Happened to me

Here is the blogquote for today;
"Warning signs that lover is bored:

1. Passionless kisses
2. Frequent sighing
3. Moved, left no forwarding address."
Matt Groening 1954

No comments: