Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Gimme Gotta Gimme some accidental love

I have been a tad otherwise occupied and have been lazy blogging as a result, not that the world cares much I suppose. Also summer has arrived and what with the sun setting later and it being great outside I am not getting much done keyboard wise... Yeah I have a life it seems!
Bought a compilation CD recently with some dance music on it, in view of our annual Guy Fawkes evening where we have a Bring and Braai, firworks and music. This song was one of the tracks and went down quite well last Saturday after prizegiving, I had to figure out the lyrics myself as there are none on the WWW!, a lot of refrences to the song but no lyrics. Also not any band/artist website either, so this seems to be one of those obscure but great songs:
Gimme Gotta Gimme - Rikke
Gimme gotta gimme your love tonight
Gimme gotta gimme your love
Gimme gotta gimme your love tonight
Gimme gotta gimme your love

I'm not the one to wait now baby
I wanna kiss you right away
There's been a million wasted moments
as I want to slip away
i think I'm gonna bet my chances
I think it's time to play the game
quess every night here beside me
is just another crying shame

Chorus
oh you gotta gimme gotta gimme your love tonight
Gimme it right away
I'm not the one to beg now darling
but I won't waste another day
oh you gotta gimme gotta gimme your love tonight
gimme it right away
I'm not the one to beg now darling
but I will celebrate the day

They say only fools rush in boy
but I've been waiting all the day
so come and make a little magic
and help keep the cloudy skie's away
I'll be the sweetest destination
I'll be the road to all your roads
and if you think I love you little
I mean to say I love you loads

Chorus x2

I have made up a new playlist as well for this week, quite a variation but very listenable although some groups/singers may be obscure like Trickbaby and Drop Dead Gorgeous. I call this compilation:
Accidentaly In Love
1. Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love (3:08)
2. Trickbaby - Nine parts of desire (3:51)
3. Jentina - French Kisses (3:00)
4. Groove Coverage - Runaway (4:59)
5. Rikke - Gimme gotta gimme (3:28)
6. Novaspace - Dancing with tears in my eyes (3:34)
7. Sash! - Mysterious times (3:33)
8. The Ataris - In my Diary (3:51)
9. Thin Lizzy - Wild one (4:19)
10. The Romantics - Talking in your sleep. (3:55)
11. Drop Dead Gorgeous - Blah Di Blah (2:54)
12. Natasha Bedingfield - These words. (3:35)
13. Tanya Donelly - The Night You Saved My Life (3:59)
14. Tin Tin Out - Sometimes (3:53)
15. AnalogX - Life's Too Short (4:04)
16. Jewel - Standing Still (4:31)
17. Leigh Nash - I need to be next to you (4:07)
18. Delta Goodrem - Not me not I (4:25)
19. Theuns Jordaan - Gesiggie (3:11)

"One must not lose desires. They are mighty stimulants to creativeness, to love, and to long life." Alexander A. Bogomoletz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ... been searching a long time for this song!! Thanks so muchhhh

RobC said...

You're welcome... :-)