Friday, October 29, 2004

Wacky translators and the 80's

I found this; The Dialectizer and had histerics when I ran the blog through it, I especially enjoyed the Cockney simulator. A similar traslator can also be found on 80s.com, the Vally translator. By the way the rest of the 80.com site is worth checking out as well... a trip down memory lane.
Reminds me of some great 80's songs like Martika - I Feel the Earth Move, Journey - Wheel In the Sky, Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (like a record). Also reminds me of Jeff Wayne & Justin Hayward's rendition of War of the Worlds. Richard Burton did the narration. Here is a snippet from Eve of the War;
"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one," he said.
"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but they stillcome!"
"Yes, the chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one," he said.
"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but they still come!"
Great music and I am so glad I managed to get a copy.
"Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the grave." ad slogan 'Pepsi Comes Alive' as initially translated into Chinese.

No comments: