Monday, October 04, 2004

Wellingtons

Made an interesting dish this past week, as I was doing some shopping I saw these Pork Wellingtons and decided to take some home to try out... looking up on the Net I found I had purchased a pig in a poke so to speak... these were not Wellingtons at all but pork sossies dressed up in drag!
Beef Wellintons are usually a peice of beef/pork done in a pastry like the picture here shows.




These were a pork banger wrapped in bacon with a prune stuck in the cente and two half glazed cherries as garnish... but hey! how was I to know! I am not as well versed as Jamie Oliver! However enough carping about terms and descriptions and on to my recipe;



Pork Wellies in Drag roasted with Potatoes, Batatas und other veggies.
Ingredients
8 Pork wellingtons aka Pork bangers done up with a rasher of bacon, a dried prune stuck in the centre and garnished with 1/2 glazed cherries on the ends. These can be made up from ordinary Porkies.
1 to 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into chunks
1 med to large onion, coarsly sliced
1 large green pepper, diced roughly
1 to 3 tomatoes, diced roughly
1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped reasonably fine
olive oil for baking dish and to drizzle over veggies
veggie seasoning
paprika powder
Procedure
Preheat oven
Precook spuds
Grease baking dish with olive oil and arrange wellies in dish, pop into oven while spuds are being pre cooked in water or being nuked in the Microwave. If using the latter let the wellies kook for around 20 min. before adding the rest of the goodies.
When spuds are ready arrange around semi cooked wellies in baking dish together with other veggies, sprinkle seasoning and coriander in between to sprad the flavour, drizzle with olive oil and return back to hades set on grill, observe and do not incinerate! This should take about 10 to 15 minutes or until veggies get a browned look.
Serve with a salad of your choice, this is enough for 4 or 3 days worth of leftovers.

I also got some bargains recently at Kloppers CD bar, got albums of
Hooverphonics as well as The Troggs, I have always wanted some of their music in my collection, I still think their Love Is All Around was better than the later version by WetWetWet. My MP3 collection is also up to date exept for one or two missing songs that are on the kids CD's... and I still have 26 Gig left... whooo baby!
Love Is All Around
I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes

Love is all around me and so the feeling grows
It`s written on the wind, it`s everywhere I go
So if you really love me, come on and let it show
You know I love you I always will
My mind`s made up by the way that I feel
There`s no beginning, there`ll be no end
`Cause on my love you can depend
I see your face before me, as I lay on my bed
I kinda get to thinking of all the things we said
You gave a promise to me, and I gave mine to you
I need someone beside me in everything I do
You know I love you I always will
My mind`s made up by the way that I feel
There`s no beginning, there`ll be no end
`Cause on my love you can depend
It`s written on the wind, it`s everywhere I go
So if you really love me, come on and let it show
Come on and let it show (repeat to fade)
"Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made." Otto von Bismarck (1815 - 1898)

No comments: