Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hasta la pasta

Here is something I missed...
Hasta la pasta
Ok, I am cheating a bit, this is just my way of cooking spaghetti.
Take your favourite pasta pot, any large pot that holds at least 4 litres is fine, I have a cool one that has a built in strainer.
Fill with warm water (speeds up things) and add 2 herb and garlic stock cubes (instead of salt) and get it boiling, add a dash of olive oil and then the pasta as soon as the water is boiling vigourously. Stir a few times to prevent pasta sticking and cook for around 20 minutes until al dente.
Serve with your favourite dish like my meatballs or bolognaise.

2 comments:

Papa Ray said...

You must live at the top of a high mountain.

The most I ever cook my pasta is 11 or 12 minutes.

20 minutes here would produce mush.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

RobC said...

Pappa
At an altitude of 1,395 metres above sea level or 4665 feet that is a good guide, of course it depends on the make/brand of pasta. :-)