Wednesday, October 10, 2007

90 Degrees

Today I feel like the man in Acts 14:10 and called out, "Stand up on your feet!" At that, the man jumped up and began to walk.
To others it may not be a miracle but to me it is, I can now put my weight on my leg and walk on it, albeit still with the assistance of crutches. My Physiotherapist consulted the doctor after last weeks session and this was the result, she felt I was way past ready for the big step. When she said the brace bend could be set to 90 degrees I did it myself! I have a few new exercises to do but the main one is to walk as much as I can. Just like riding a bicycle, at each step it gets better.
Thanks for all the good wishes and prayer, it has helped!
I also won a prize over at Moondancers dance floor... a day full of surprises, discovery and joy.
Now I am off to take a warm bath to ease the tired muscles and to unwind...
We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world. Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)

No comments: