Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Righteous Wrath

I was going to post something different but these thoughts came to me as I was reading an e-mail earlier this evening and remembering something from yesterday.
Yesterday I popped a gasket as the saying goes and felt so rotten afterwards even though I felt I had a right to shout back... got me thinking why it happens and being a Christian how we let it happen. Then I remember another Righteous Wrath and I see a similarity and I am amazed that this is how God became flesh to show that even He could lose His temper while He walked on earth, Jesus was human, He had to be to die and take all our sins on the Cross. If this was not so we could not have the power to live as He did and strive to be perfect. This power comes not from the fact that He was/is God but because He had the Holy Spirit to guide and protect Him, just as we do today. We are blessed to have this Power inside us as well as covering us like a cloak. Just think of that, God gave us the thing that all SciFi and Fantasy fans want... an Invisibility Cloak that hides us from the power of darkness... amazing! Truly there is nothing new that was not already thought of by God.
“Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.” - Proverbs 29:25

No comments: