Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Conflict

"Whosoever may torment you, harass you, confound you, or upset you, is a teacher. Not because they're wise, but because you seek to become so." and thus spake the universe...
Been having a bit of tension at work and I was wondering why this was so and then I read the above thought on my sidebar. Call it coincidence if you will I call it a miracle as the words have made me think and in a small way made me wiser...
In the same vein I was saddened to hear of yet another suicide in our city yesterday, so often one is not directly involved when one reads or hears about these desperate acts, other times it is closer to home. I cannot say I know how such a person feels, even my darkest hour was but a short walk in those shoes. Being filled with God's love I cannot envisage such depths of dispair and all I can do is pray for those left behind with all the million questions as to why and how they missed the signs of darkness in their loved one's life. One thing I do know now is that we should be more aware of our neighbour's suffering. That one moment of reaching out may well be the lifeline they need before taking that desperate plunge away from life. That word, hug or even a smile may just be what they need to realise that live and they themselves have worth after all.
So, let us all become more aware of those that have conflict in their hearts that keeps them from experiencing the joy we are supposed to have.

No comments: