Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ecstacy

This posting has been in draft for like forever and today all the peices came together to make a perfect picture...
Ecstacy is the state I am in at present and when you look up the Wikipedia on the word you get;
Ecstacy smay mean:
Ecstasy (emotion), a trance or trance like state in which an individual transcends normal consciousness
Religious ecstasy, a changed state of consciousness characterized by expanded spiritual awareness, visions or absolute euphoria
Ecstasy (philosophy), a term used to mean "outside-of-itself"
MDMA, a recreational drug sold under the street name "ecstasy".
MS Ecstasy, a cruise ship in the Carnival Cruise Lines fleet
In the arts:
Ecstasy (album), an album title shared by multiple artists
Ecstasy (film) (1933), a Czech film starring Hedy Lamarr and directed by Gustav Machaty
Ecstasy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance, a collection of three novellas by Irvine Welsh
Ecstasy (2007 film), based on the third novella, The Undefeated
Ecstasy (play), a 1979 play by Mike Leigh
Ecstasy (song), a 2004 song by ATB
"Ecstasy", a song by New Order from their 1983 album
Power, Corruption & Lies
"Ecstasy", a song by the Cleveland rap group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony from their album
BTNHResurrection
"Ecstasy", a song by
Lou Reed
"Ecstasy", a song by VAST from their album
Turquoise & Crimson
"
The Ecstasy of Gold", a song from film The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, also used by the band Metallica
"Ecstasy", a song by Megadeth from the 1999 album
Risk
Extasy Records, a record label

"Religious ecstasy is an altered state of consciousness characterized by greatly reduced external awareness and expanded interior mental and spiritual awareness which is frequently accompanied by visions and emotional/intuitive (and sometimes physical) euphoria. Although the experience is usually brief in physical time[1], there are records of such experiences lasting several days or even more, and of recurring experiences of ecstasy during one's lifetime. Subjective perception of time, space and/or self may strongly change or disappear during ecstasy."


"Ecstasy (from the Greek έκστασις, to be outside oneself (ancient Greek: εξίστημι (existimi) meaning stand outside where εξ (ex) means out as in exit)) is a category of altered states of consciousness or trance like states in which an individual transcends ordinary consciousness and as a result has a heightened capacity for exceptional thought, intense concentration on a specific task, extraordinary physical abilities or intense emotional experience. This heightened capacity is typically accompanied by diminished awareness of some other matters. For instance, if one is concentrating on a physical task, then one might cease to be aware of any intellectual thoughts. On the other hand, making a spirit journey in an ecstatic trance involves the cessation of voluntary bodily movement. Subjective perception of time, space and/or self may strongly change or disappear during ecstasy."

"Ecstasy, (or ekstasis) from the Ancient Greek, έκ-στασις (ex-stasis)," to be or stand outside oneself, a removal to elsewhere (from ex-: out, and stasis: a stand, or a standoff of forces).
It is used in philosophy usually to mean outside-of-itself'." One's consciousness, for example, is not self-enclosed, one can be conscious of an
Other person, who falls well outside of one's own self. In a sense, consciousness is usually, "outside of itself," in that its object (what it thinks about, or perceives) is not itself."

Yep looking at that lot I have to say the first three are applicable in my life to varying degrees, that I am more aware of a lot of things these days and calling it a state of ecstasy is pretty accurate. I just have an ecstatic sense of joy in my life and if this is what it is like because I am so sure of where I fit in in the scheme of things then ecstasy is a close second for heaven. I just have this knowing that whatever I wish can be attained when I apply myself. Then I found the video today when I played the song and pushed FoxyTunes to fetch the info. (Video may be blocked by some workplaces)

[via FoxyTunes / ATB-Ecstacy]

After watching the different facets portrayed in the video, especially André Tanneberger (ATB), they guy at the caravan that seems so at peace with himself, and while reading the lyrics it struck me that this song can be interpreted in many ways... one is the love song and another is a song of praise, it just depends what you are focusing on. At the moment the words have meaning to me in the sense that I have a love affair with my Saviour, He is my Ecstasy, and there can never be another and I'll never be the same again. I am amazed...

Have you ever noticed,
That I'm not acting as I used to do before?
Have you ever wondered,
Why I always keep on coming back for more?

What have you done to me,
I'll never be the same I'll tell you for sure

I'll never be the same I'll tell you for sure
I'll never be the same I'll tell you for sure

You really are my ecstasy,
My real life fantasy, oh yeah

You really are my ecstasy,
My real life fantasy, oh yeah

Not that I'm complaining,
A more beautiful vision - I have never seen
If you don't mind me saying,
A life of ambition to fulfill my dream

What have you done to me,
I'll never be the same I'll tell you for sure

I'll never be the same I'll tell you for sure
I'll never be the same I'll tell you for sure

You really are my ecstasy,
My real life fantasy, oh yeah

You really are my ecstasy,
My real life fantasy, oh yeah

You really are my ecstasy,
(There can be no other
While we still have each other)
My real life fantasy, oh yeah

You really are my ecstasy,
(There can be no other
While we still have each other)
My real life fantasy, oh yeah

You really are my ecstasy,
(There can be no other
While we still have each other)
My real life fantasy, oh yeah
Hope you enjoyed the song and found a meaning of your own. Oh and then TUT sends me this!

First, as a child, it seems like the entire world is there for you and you
rush to drink from its every cup, sometimes wondering to yourself how
anything could ever be more fun.
Then, as you grow older, if you're observant, you realize much of what you
enjoy was made possible by the contributions, work, and labor of those who
came before you, and you're taken aback, disappointed even , because with
maturity you can now see cracks in the façades, imperfections in the
details, and 10,000 ways it could have all been done better.
At which point, folks typically choose one of two paths: Spend a lifetime
lamenting how far from perfect things are. Or, to one degree or another,
roll up their sleeves and pitch in.
And should they choose the latter with gusto, dear RobC, they will come to
know, to the core of their sacred being, that the differences they might
make in the world cannot be made by another. And then they will discover the
answer to their often-wondered childhood question.... That the most fun one
can have in time and space comes from making such a difference, and that the
joy derived from serving is 10,000 times that of being served.

Oh, no, RobC. This doesn't mean life becomes all work and no play. It just
means work becomes play, no matter what you do, and play becomes ecstasy
.
Gobsmacked only half describes it...

"I am convinced that life in a physical body is meant to be an ecstatic experience." Shakti Gawain

No comments: