Saturday, July 08, 2006

Quiche at Gecko's

The Free State National Botanical Gardens have a new place to eat...
Gecko’s Restaurant has opened and I decided to partake in a light lunch when I visited this week... not expecting much I ordered a cup of coffee and the Quiche of the day...
I was pleasantly surprised by this plate presented to me... the Quiche was Bacon and Mushroom, with a "Garden salad" with a delightfull Advocado sauce instead of the usual salad dressing... it was delicious both on the salad and Quiche!
Gecko's will be visited again! and I will be singing their praises... the service was excellent as well as the prices, not the cheapest but the quality was top class. The tables are plain but suit the setting and are adorned with indigenous blooms, depending what is flowering at the time...
I will have write up's on places I think are worth a culinary visit from time to time.
Must get that Avo sauce recipe next time...

Update: 03/09/07 - Seems like the place is now closed. When KatieB and I were here in July it was all shut up and the sign board was missing as well.

No comments: