Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Straight Laced and bare feet...

I always though it meant exaggeratedly proper but over on Ian's shoelace site I found out that it was the method I used to lace my army boots, with my own twist though. I used this method but made a knot that kept one end of the lace under the first eyelet and then wound the free end of the lace around the top of my boot and tucking the end under this loop. It made for quick tying of the laces and gave a comfortable but firm grip that never came loose. My mates were always amazed at how fast I could get my boots on or off... the only times I never took them off was out on patrol, then one slept with your boots on... no wonder I like going barefoot.

I quess that makes me a Barefooter. On that subject, here is a song from Barefoot... the band that is... the song Rain reminds me of the rain we had today, I hope we get some more...
I see you I'm running But I don't know my way I'm so afraid to tell you All I need to say The heavens are falling And I can't get awayI'm so ashamed for leaving
And letting go of faith I see rain living without you It's not the same living without you again I feel pain living without you here I see rain I came here believing that I had much to give But all I had was illusions where do I begin I found as I tried to understand your words
There's nothing you should cling to If your heart's not in your hand I see rain living without you It's not the same living without you again i feel pain living without you here I see rain Facing honest questions Slowly turning me around Building up what's broken down
"Going barefoot is the gentlest way of walking and can symbolise a way of living — being authentic, vulnerable, sensitive to our surroundings. It's the feeling of enjoying warm sand beneath our toes, or carefully making our way over sharp rocks in the darkness. It's a way of living that has the lightest impact, removing the barrier between us and nature."
— Adele Coombs, "Barefoot Dreaming"

No comments: