Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The long walk...

around the campus.
Today the Wellness Committee presented the annual Fun Walk on Campus and I decided to give it a bash. I was not first across the line but not last either! It was fun and getting an ovation while twirling a crutch like a baton gave me quite a thrill... the inner performer in me came out for a while!
Will get hold of some of the pictures and one of the medals we all received for completing the four kilometre walk some time and put them up as well.
Walking is a wonderfull way to get about, you have time to experience the world at pace that lets you think as well, almost as if you are communicating with the world, I suppose that is how it was meant to be. Adam and God took regular walks in Eden... I must make time to walk more... I may just meet God taking his constitutional at the same time.
"Life is like getting dropped off in the middle of the woods, and then year by year, gradually walking home." April Foiles

No comments: