Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I have seen the rain...

Wow... This is amazing... Just been listening to Pink and her dad singing "I have seen the rain"...
To all the Vetrans, both here in South Africa and those that fought for True Freedom I wish you all well and to those presently in harms way... for you I pray that you all get home. Your sacrifice may not be recognised in the media but those that have seen the rain know and are behind you.

I have seen the rain - James T. Moore (Pink's Dad)

I have seen the rain
I have felt the pain
I don't know where I'll be tomorrow
I don't know where I'm going
I don't even know where I've been
But i know I'd like to see them again.

Spend my days just searching
Spend my nights in dreams
Stop looking over my shoulder baby
I've stopped wonderin' what it means
Drop out, burn out, solidier ho-oh they've said I should've been more
Probably so if i hadn't of been in that crazy damn Vietnam war.

I have seen the rain
I've survived the pain
Oh I've been home 30 years or so
And I'm just stepping up for the blame

Spend my days just searching
Spend my nights in dreams
Stop looking over my shoulder baby
I've stopped wonderin' what it means
Drop out, burn out, solidier ho-oh they've said I should've been more
Probably so if i hadn't of been in that crazy damn Vietnam war.

We have seen the rain, together
We have survived the pain, forever
Oh it's good to home again
Its good to be with my friends
Oh it's good to be home again
It's good to feel that rain

What impresses me about Pink is the power of her lyrics, this is no bubblehead conglomeration of words like a lot of today's music... this is music and words from a soul laid bare, wise beyond her years. I really look foreward to more from her in future... it can only get better!
"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." Jerry Chin

No comments: