Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Slimey... ewwwwwww

I am now a Slimy Mollusc over at TTLB... I hope this is shortlived!
Actually they are quite an interesting group of animals... The picture is from aNNa Munandar's collection of photos, the reflection is amazing, the pic on FLICKr is even better.
More Snails!
As to the use of these poor critters in the persuit of gastranomic delight... I have eaten garlic snails but to be quite honest... I now rather spend my money on other forms of meat unless someone else is paying for em...
Songs with "Snail" in the title are pretty rare however the one I was thinking of when the whole snail idea slithered out of my mind was the beautifull Simon and Garfunkle song, El Condor Pasa;
I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail.
Yes I would.
If I could,
I surely would.
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail.
Yes I would.
If I only could,
I surely would.

CHORUS
Away, I'd rather sail away
Like a swan that's here and gone
A man gets tied up to the ground
He gives the world
Its saddest sound,
Its saddest sound.

I'd rather be a forest than a street.
Yes I would.
If I could,
I surely would.

I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet,
Yes I would.
If I only could,
I surely would.

Did some delving in my collection and viola! the Smashing Pumpkins did a song called Snail! Track 7 on Gish, 1991. Never really paid much attention to the song until today, my pumpkin CD's are gathering dust... They are currently busy with a new album... last one was released in 1999!.
"By perseverance the snail reached the ark." Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

No comments: