Saturday, June 23, 2007

Check the weather...

321 Cape Peninsula, Boland/Grabouw & SW Cape Coast to Cape Hangklip
Saturday, 23 JunPartly cloudy, rain tonight (30%).Wind : Strong NW, reaching gale force in places along the coast.Maximum Temperature in Cape Town 18deg C and Paarl 20.
Sunday, 24 JunCloudy with rain (80%).Wind : Strong NW, gale force in places along the coast.Maximum Temperature in Cape Town 16deg C and Paarl 16.
Monday, 25 JunCloudy with rain (80%).Maximum Temperature in Cape Town 15deg C and Paarl 15.
Tuesday, 26 JunShowers, abating from afternoon (60%).Maximum Temperature in Cape Town 13deg C and Paarl 12.
Wednesday, 27 JunNo Rain.Maximum Temperature in Cape Town 15deg C and Paarl 15.
Thursday, 28 JunNo Rain.Maximum Temperature in Cape Town 17deg C and Paarl 17.
Friday, 29 JunNo Rain.Maximum Temperature in Cape Town 19deg C and Paarl 18.
That looks good for next week. Hope the weather holds and gives me a chance to do some good rides. I hope all I need to wear for riding will be Boots, jeans, shirt, gloves, helmet and this great jacket from Shift Racing...

The XC is great and feels very comfortable. Got it in XXL to give me some room for a warm layer yet is still quite snug. Gave my gloves a good dose of polish today, letting them spend some time in the sun to absorb all the dubbin followed by a last coat of black before rubbing them up. I am surprised how good they look for 20 odd year old kit, good leather never rots. I will have to get a tape measure to measure my head and the kids to get the right helmet size... I hope I can get one that matches my final colour choice, which is leaning ever more greenward.
However the kids must decide what helmet colour they both want. On the other hand I may go for a colour that will catch the cage drivers attention.
Since I have gone into "bike mode" I notice that I am driving with more anticipation and being more aware on the road... can only be a good thing.
"All of us could take a lesson from the weather, it pays no attention to criticism." North DeKalb Kiwanis Club Beacon

No comments: