Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sub-Sun's or Who needs luggage...

when flying with Mango... looking back at the day all I can see is the humour and beauty of the day. Boarded and ready to go... sans luggage...
M got me to the airport on time, I checked in and said "There... that's my luggage booked in, now it's your problem"... and Murphy smirked an evil smirk! I will let the reader use their imagination what happened when I got to Cape Town... it was not pretty. But I digress...

The flight was awesome, some say it was bumpy but they have never flown in a single engine plane coming in for a landing at Marydale in the Northern Cape... that is bumpy!

The clouds were awesome and as we took of the Captain mentioned that it had started snowing in Bloem Zoo! and that it was 2degrees C... We almost had wall to wall cloud all the way, some breaks in the cloud gave us amazing sights. This was at 13:00 as we passed over Van der Kloof Dam.
Van der Kloof dam as a pool of quicksilver.
There were even more amazing things to be seen as we winged our way over the seemingly endless sea of clouds...
Sub-Sun on the starboard... an APOD picture!
banking to Port for Cape Town approach...
Braking with reverse thrust after touchdown...

Table Mountain through the window after being reunited with my bags...
Thanks Chris
The Green won my heart...
After selecting some kit and a top box with the help of Jan, Graham and gang opened up a celebratory beer to toast the Beast, then Chris dropped me off at my digs at Spook and Erica... the most delightfull hosts a tired traveler could wish for. Thanks guys! The bike would be prepped next morning and Graham would get the paperwork done so that we could get out on the highway...
So off to bed it was to dream of things to come... but I first read the first chapter of Charlie Boorman's Race to Dakar... The book on the bedside table, inpiring me to keep working on my 2T2 dream. He and Ewan McGregor are busy with the Long Way Down, riding from John O'Groats to Cape Town... Dream Big Guys!
"The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."
Mark Russell (1932 - )

Day 1 of 12 Days with Shrek

No comments: