Sunday, July 15, 2007

Another wishlist

Slept late and just pondered the fact that this is the last day before work starts again, got us some Steers burgers and then went out to the track. Got back at 5 ish did the dishes and updated some postings then watched Charlies Angels on TV... The song Turning Japenese made me think of Anton and his liking of Pearl Jam... then this one played on Winamp...
PEARL JAM - Wishlist
I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off
I wish I was a sacrifice but somehow still lived on
I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on
The Christmas tree, I wish I was the star that went on top
I wish I was the evidence, I wish I was the grounds
For 50 million hands upraised and open toward the sky

I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me
I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good
I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood

I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on
I wish I was the pedal brake that you depended on
I wish I was the verb 'to trust' and never let you down

I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
I wish...
I wish...
Sometimes I get blown away by how this bit of software can sense my mood... so as I prepare for bed I leave my wishlist with One who knows best, He will be the one who will have the wisdom that I do not have at present.
"It's just human. We all have the jungle inside of us. We all have wants and needs and desires, strange as they may seem. If you stop to think about it, we're all pretty creative, cooking up all these fantasies. it's like a kind of poetry."
Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, Mister Sandman, 1994

No comments: