Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Doing a Charley

Charley Boorman in the book "Race to Dakar" mentioned that the reason he did the race was because he had been asked by the publisher "what next?" after "Long way Round" and he had said "do the Paris to Dakar rally"... he was then quoted on the flyleaf of the book and felt he had to put his money were his mouth was... so here I am doing a Charley.
The idea is born and the domain is up and running but very skeletal at present. This is what greeted me when I had googled cape2capeglobaladventure...

and this is the graphic I cobbled together this evening for the website... it still needs some work but I am quite happy with the idea so far.

While at the Prowlers MCC I threw the idea around to some of the blokes and no one shot it down... had a drink and toasted Shrek once more then came back home to code... step 2 has now been taken. Got another poster up for the regionals as well...
"It's all knowing what to start with. If you start in the right place and follow all the steps, you will get to the right end." Elizabeth Moon, The Speed of Dark, 2003

No comments: