Monday, July 23, 2007

We see the same thing, share the same dream.

I am glad KatieB saw the same sunset I saw yesterday and hope she gets better soon, it was one of those cloud enhanced ones we often get in winter as a cold front moves over our part of the world. Fortunately this was just a very high level front and will not influence the balmy weather we are having at present, I hope this continues till Sunday. But some rain before the weekend would be a bonus Lord... getting rain is like a bonus for us, watering the track is expensive even with us now having our own sprinkler system and not being reliant on hiring tankers.
Eww I spoke too soon, since writing that paragraph this morning I have seen the week's forecast... we better get out the warm stuff, seems like it may be a chilly weekend.
I have been typing up the notes/minutes of our recent meeting between a club member and our committee... I was pleasantly surprised by the meeting, we all agreed that the aim of the club is to host as many off road races as possible and to be a place were off roaders can come and have fun but with the proper safety aspects in place. So while doing this one of the songs that came up was this one... quite apt for what has happened at the club and in my life as well... we all want the same thing in the end...
Belinda Carlisle - The Same Thing
We dream the same dream
We want the same thing ...ooh...
We dream the same dream
We want the same thing ...ooh...

Here is my case
We've got no time to waste
Cuz we want the same thing

We're fighting a war
But we don't know what for
Cuz we want the same thing

I know we're different now
Different as night and day
But still I want you
I just want you to stay

I wanna take this chance
I want to be with you
Cuz what you're looking for
I am looking for too

We dream the same dream
We want the same thing ...ooh...
And all that we need is to
See it together
We dream the same dream
We want the same thing ...ooh...
For now, for love, forever, amen

I look in your eyes and
I know deep inside that
We want the same thing

Breaking the chains that
Just keep us in shame
Cuz we want the same thing

No matter what we say
No matter what we do
Beyond the battle lines
Baby we know what's true

We dream the same dream
We want the same thing ...ooh...
And all that we need is to
See it together
We dream the same dream
We want the same thing ...ooh...
For now, for love, forever, amen

As to my feelings this Monday... what Monday blues?
Saw another amazing sunset, I took a ride out to the track on Shrek to measure the step in the caravan I want to fix and drop off the pruning saw for Hendrik to trim the trees at the start.
It was a soft pink, a most chilled out pink like some watermelons are. Candy floss pink, and of course I did not take the Camera!
"May I never miss a sunset or a rainbow because I am looking down." Sara June Parker

No comments: