Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Keys to the Keep

It has been two days and I need a vacation! Tomorrow I have to go tell my new boss that I need 3 new screens... yep, one packed up earlier this year, one packed up while on leave and the other one went berserk today. It keeps on flashing between a pink hue and normal plus everything seems out of focus... this is the one I use for my PC at home so it is mine! I brought it to the office while the first one went in to be diagnosed and I have been waiting since for the upper Echelon to decide if I should or not get a new screen... I will not bring my new flat screen from home! My work laptop also died just before I went on leave... it needs a new power brick... so I cannot use that as a backup machine... eish! I feel like a gardener that has just broken the rake handle, bent the spade and broken the fork's tines... toofless and tool less!
So this evening I took Shrek for a short ride to de-stress and the clock went over to 4006 kilos! Will be needing that second service pretty soon by the way I am putting on kilometres.
Taking a break today I visited Danette's new blog and one of her missives on what happens to blogs when people pass on made me decide to hand over a set of keys to someone I trust. I don't want those left behind having to fight to get hold of things like what happened to Gut Rumbles. I want a smooth transition for those remaining behind... so to speak. So henceforth you will notice another name under "Contributors", my friend and fellow Adventurer KatieB. Please feel free to re arrange the furniture my dear... but leave the couch where it is... the cats are wont to lie on it in the late afternoon sun...
I also started to put into motion another dream... albeit a very tentative step but as they say, every journey starts with the first step. One has to start somewere you know, may as well be a virtual adventure at first.
KatieB sent me a text message or 2 while I was registering the domain... but I think I may have answered her in a distracted way... sorry for that, I can't multitask like she can. Even Winamp has been playing a very disjointed selection but at least one was appreciated, I always used to code to Vangelis and Pinta, Nina, Santa Maria is 13 odd minutes of his music.
If you have visited my fellow adventurer's blog and read her expose on the word Adventure you may smile reading this closing quote... we are planning to go pulling some beards.
"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers". Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

No comments: