Friday, July 13, 2007

Tridecaphobia

This sucks... getting shot in the foot is not funny... taking a risk and falling on your face hurts... and it is Friday the Thirteenth! That somehow makes perfect sense... I think Cupid is a moron and may well be Murphy in disguise.
I used to get angry when things did not go my way but here I am thinking that just maybe I was like some desert dust storm smothering everything as it rolls over the landscape... I don't know how but I am sure this will work out, I just need to stand back get some perspective... What I do know is that I do not want to lose a friend by acting like some lovesick puppy that whines all day... or some fool making a nuisance of himself.

Sand Storm, 26 April 2005. Al Asad, IRAQ - Scary... if this is what my enthusiasm looks like I would also take off and run! Link on the page title will take you to the Google Video of this event.
"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."
George Orwell (1903 - 1950), "1984", first sentence

No comments: