Thursday, July 12, 2007

Take some time

to check out a friend of mine's blog, I just hope she updates her latest adventures. Or else she will not get keys to my Castle!
Took the Beast out for a run to Brandfort today, slight breeze but the outrun was cool... had the most wonderful breakfast of Bacon and Pancakes!

Thanks to the Bulgarian hosts, lesson learned, never judge a book by it's cover.

Thanks also to my co adventurer katieb4me for picking up the tab... dit was lekka. Must try and visit the lion park next time... keeping our paws to ourselves of course.
We had quite a laugh while photographing the church as I made that remark...

The visit to military graves was rather depressing as the old graveyard is in a terrible state with knocked down headstones and general lack of upkeep... another reason I want to be turned to ash when I go to the Happy Hunting grounds... no need for my earthly remains to take up space while I am hopefully cavorting with Angels and singing Trance Hymns to God. Which made me think of this song by Tina Cousins... forgive me if I may have put the words up before but they fit in with what I experienced today.

Pray - Tina Cousins
What a miracle is life
the fields are high and fruit is ripe
so hold out your hands
yeah, hold out your hands
And you're the same as me
you breathe the air I breathe
and we don't understand
yeah, we don't understand

And if you don't ask questions
you won't know why
so say a prayer for the dying
while there's still time. So

Pray for good and pray for love
Pray for peace and pray it's enough
pray for salvation, pray that we're right
pray for one day we open our eyes
And pray for them and pray for us
pray one day we can live as one
pray for the children whose time is to come
just pray they forgive us for the stupid things we've done

We all see the same sun
each day a golden praise is sung
to the wonder of man
yeah, to the wonder of man
And when we look why can't we see
all the riches that are free
oh we don't understand
yeah, we don't understand

And if you don't ask questions
you won't know why
so say a prayer for the dying
while there's still time. So

Pray for good and pray for love
Pray for peace and pray it's enough
pray for salvation, pray that we're right
pray for one day we open our eyes
And pray for them and pray for us
pray one day we can live as one
pray for the children whose time is to come
just pray they forgive us for the stupid things we've done

Just a pity we could not find the Blockhouse at Karee... maybe next time? Although I was quite impressed how the bike handled in some real rough stuff. The best dual purpose bike by far.
By the way the Beast will now be henceforth referred to as Shrek... he is a Beautiful Beast as well because of his heart of gold and he is also green!
Hopefully us three will have many adventures together, both great and small...
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure."
Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)

No comments: