Saturday, December 16, 2006

I'm RICH... not! (PG13)

Don't you just love spam...
Got this in my inbox today and instead of dumping it in the spambox I decided to analyse the thing;

BRITISH LOTTERY
The Lottery Company
P.O Box 789
Harrogate HG1 2YR England
The above adress is real but that does not matter...

YOU HAVE WON £1,500,000 POUNDS STERLING
Yeah... Right, like I entered?

Our Dear Winner,

You have won the sum of £1,500,000 (one million five hundred thousand great British pounds sterling) from BRITISH LOTTERY on our 2006 new year charity bonanza.
Just like the 2005 one I got?

The winning ticket was selected from a Data Base of Internet Email Users,from which your Address came out as the winning coupon.

We hereby urge you to claim the winning amount quickly as this is a monthly lottery. Failure to claim your win will result into the reversion of the fund to our following month.

You are therefore requested to contact immediately out Claims Department below quoting winning number: WINNING NUMER-06010110.
Bogus...

Barrister. Luis Santiago
Luis Santiago is a fictional character in the television science fiction drama Babylon 5. Nice try sucker but you see I am a Babylon 5 fan!

Alpha Consultants Lawfirm & Schmidtz Associates
(Solicitors Advocates & Arbitrators)
Eh? Now they drag Space 1999 into the scam as well! The firm in question of course is a figment of their imagination.

Phone:+447024031089
Official Email: barr.santiago@yahoo.co.uk
Yeah, like a solicitor or lawyer would use Yahoo for their official comminication... very professional...

Provide the following information needed to process your winning claim.
Now we are getting to the real reason they contacted me!

(a) Your full Name
(b) Your full Address
(c) Your Telephone and fax numbers
(d) Your Age
(e) Your occupation
(f) Your country of origin
Ummm duh? What is written on my forehead? Stupid?

Congratulations once again.
Yeah... pisoff now, I am getting mad!

please quote your winning number.
Bwahhhaahhha...

Regards,
Mrs. Susan Moore
CO-ORDINATOR
the only Susan Moore I know is the Illustrator and somehow this does not seem to be her full time occupation...

Now excuse my french Susan aka Lius aka toto1k@bellsouth.net, piss off and try another trick next time, this was lamer than a donkey with three legs! I just wonder where they got my addy from? Seems like the planet still has the scum problem...
"For four-fifths of our history, our planet was populated by pond scum." J. W. Schopf

No comments: