Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Some fish cannot fry

NOAA and the BBC had this amazing report on flatfish that seem to relish temperatures and acidity that would pickle and fry any normal fish.
We know so little about the world we live on and this is why my common sense tells me that we know even less about what drives our climate.
Yes, we are custodians and should not treat the world like a dump but to say that our actions are the only reason for Global Warming is to me a oversimplification and myopic view.
Here we have underwater volcanoes spewing liquid CO2 and other highly toxic chemicals into the oceans, do we know how many more there are? I seriously doubt that because we know more about the surface of the moon than the oceans on earth! But the most amazing part is that some forms of live seem to relish the extremes, I for one am sure that evolution has not stopped...

No comments: